For The Media
Central resource for news organizations covering COVID-19 vaccination efforts across the country.
Medical experts from the AAMC and its member medical schools, teaching hospitals, and health systems are available to provide the latest guidance on COVID-19 vaccines, safety protocols for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, and discuss other issues pertaining to COVID-19 vaccine confidence.
We are here to help answer your questions or schedule an interview with an AAMC expert.
Our AAMC experts, listed below, and local experts from AAMC medical schools and teaching hospitals and health systems are available for interviews.
U.S. COVID-19 Data
Follow the CDC’s COVID-19 Data Tracker for the latest data and information on vaccination administration.
Media Resource Library
Updated as of May 12, 2023
Latest CDC and Clinical Guidance
- Immunization Schedules (Source: CDC)
- Interactive Vaccination Map (Source: AAP)
- Conversations About Vaccines (Source: AAP)
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens (Source: CDC)
- Resources to Promote the COVID-19 Vaccine for Children & Teens (Source: CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots (Source: CDC)
- Strategies to build trust and promote vaccination in communities. (Source: CDC)
- Are some people immune to COVID-19? Scientists around the world are studying whether genetic mutations make some people immune to the infection or resistant to the illness. (Source: AAMCNews)
- These fact sheets from the National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants and Migrants provide up-to-date information in 38 languages for distribution to schools, workplaces and on social media – from proper mask use to the effectiveness of booster shots. (Source: National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants and Migrants)
- This regularly updated FAQ is designed to provide message guidance and framing for public health officials and others on a wide-ranging array of COVID-19 questions. (Source: Public Health Communication Collaborative)
- Explore what we currently know about long COVID, including methods for preventing long COVID through protective measures and vaccines.. (Source: NIHCM)
- Equipping Health Professions Educators to Better Address Medical Misinformation (Source: RTI)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Studying Historical Successes (and Failures) for Equity-Centered Approaches to Vaccinating Communities of Color (Source: National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine)
- COVID-19, Health Equity, and the Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Communities: Proceedings of a Workshop—in Brief (Source: National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine)
School-Based Interventions to Increase Student COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage in Public School Populations with Low Coverage — Seattle, Washington, December 2021–June 2022 (Source: CDC)
- The Vaccine Resource Hub offers a large and ever-growing body of resources for those working to increase adult vaccination in their community. (Source: CDC Partnering for Vaccine Equity program)
- The Principles of Trustworthiness integrates local perspectives with established precepts of community engagement to guide health care, public health, and other organizations as they work to demonstrate they are worthy of trust. (Source: AAMC)
- Updated Toolkit: Children and COVID-19 Vaccination. Shareable graphics and sample posts to promote COVID-19 vaccination for children ages 6 months and up. (Source: Public Health Communication Collaborative)